The fortress of Eger is the site of one of the most incredible military victories of European history. Hungarian soldiers were successfully defended it against the mighty Ottoman army in 1552. The charming town is situated in Eastern Hungary, one and a half hour drive from Budapest. After visiting the town we continue to the Valley of the Beautiful Ladies where 200 family run wine cellars can be found. Our wine tasting takes place in one of them.
- Recommended start time in Budapest 8.00, 9.00 or 10.00 am
- 1,5 hour comfy drive with a local guide presenting Hungary
- 2 hours of visiting the fortress and downtown
- 1 hour lunch break in a local restaurant (optional)
- 2 hours wine tasting out of the town in a wine cellar
- 1,5 hour drive back to Budapest
The best is to bring some local cash, HUF, if you´d like to buy some souvenirs, pay for lunch or get some bottles of wine in the cellar.
This is your private tour, we will always tailor the tour according to your preferences. We can make changes during the tour any time.
There will be some light walking in the fortress and in the downtown but your guide always tells you ahead what to expect.